Equestrian arenas and riding surfaces
We have earth moving equipment and a team dedicated to arena and riding track construction. With a variety of riding surfaces on the market we can assist with recommending a suitable solution for your requirements and site.
Choosing The Arena Base
Choosing the right base for your arena is just as important as the final surface, and there are many options to choose from!
Sometimes options that might appear initially more expensive at the outset will actually work out more cost efficient in the long run - once all the infrastructure that is required to maintain them is taken into account.
Having the best performing base allows a greater choice in the riding surface, and the better the riding surface the more likelihood of sound healthy horses.
Both types of arena mentioned below should be maintained with a purpose made arena groomer to protect your investment.
- Great drainage and performs very well during winter.
- Easy to maintain
- Uses a lot of water and requires reasonable infrastructure for the supply of water to – pumps, power etc
- Dries out quickly without regular, consistent irrigation
Base Type – Ebb & Flow
This type of arena is built in a watertight liner and has pipework charged with water to irrigate from below, under a layer of drainage sand. The capillary action of the sand surface absorbs the moisture required to maintain an optimum riding platform.
Riding surface options for Ebb & Flow are sand or a sand and fibre blend.
- A consistent water level is maintained so the riding surface performs at an optimum level all the time.
- Low maintenance with the right equipment.
- When other infrastructure costs taken into account, Ebb & Flo is often the most cost-effective long term
- Can be built all year round
- Requires a good water supply