- Great drainage and performs very well during winter.
- Easy to maintain
- Uses a lot of water and requires reasonable infrastructure for the supply of water to – pumps, power etc
- Dries out quickly without regular, consistent irrigation
Base Type – Ebb & Flow
This type of arena is built in a watertight liner and has pipework charged with water to irrigate from below, under a layer of drainage sand. The capillary action of the sand surface absorbs the moisture required to maintain an optimum riding platform.
Riding surface options for Ebb & Flow are sand or a sand and fibre blend.
- A consistent water level is maintained so the riding surface performs at an optimum level all the time.
- Low maintenance with the right equipment.
- When other infrastructure costs taken into account, Ebb & Flo is often the most cost-effective long term
- Can be built all year round
- Requires a good water supply